BEFORE STARTA�OF WORSHIP SERVICE
- Flame of the candlelighter always points forward.
- Walk from vestry to the centre and foot of the altar.
- Bow and say a (suggested) short prayer. a�?Dear God, let your light shine in our service and in our lives each day, In Jesusa�� name I pray. Amena�?
- Walk up the steps,A� light the LEFT candle first (the one nearer to pulpit)
- Light the RIGHT candle next.
- Bow head, and step backward.
- Extinguish the flame.
- Walk smartly to the vestry.
END OF WORSHIP SERVICE
- Candlelighter pointing forward.
- At the start of the closing hymn, begin walking from the Narthex towards the Altar.
- On reaching the altar,A� bow your head and walk up the step, standing in the front theA�altar.
- EXTINGUISH the candle RIGHT.
- LIGHT up the candlelighter wick from LEFT candle.
- EXTINGUISH the LEFT candle.
- With the flame pointing forward, bow head, and step backward.
- When Pastor and Liturgist are beside you, turn and move slowly to the Narthex.