[fancy-p]”Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God, the LORD is one. Love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength. These commandments that I give you today are to be upon your hearts. Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up. Tie them as symbols on your hands and bind them on your foreheads. Write them on the doorframes of your houses and on your gates. Deut 6:4-9[/fancy-p]
[fancy-p]a�?Worship is the submission of all of our nature to God. It is the quickening of conscience by His holiness, nourishment of mind by His truth, purifying of imagination by His beauty, opening of the heart to His love, and submission of will to His purpose. All this gathered up in adoration is the greatest of all expressions of which we are capablea�? – Archbishop William Temple[/fancy-p]
To inspire hearts towards true spiritual worship in private and corporately, and to offer the highest level of reverence, proficiency and skill in the service of worship.
To uphold Christ centered worship through the Word and Sacrament, drawing worshippers into an encounter with God in reverence and order.
To Grow and Coordinate all aspects of Musical expressions at QLC to support her desired mission
Impacting areas of Worship, Walk and Witness through:
- Divine Worship services
- Youth meetinga��s worship
- Sunday school worship
- Prayer meetings
- Facilitating training, coaching and mentorship for Young musicians (QLCK, SS, YF)
- Facilitating voice coaching of public singers (Liturgists, Worship leaders, readers, soloists, small groups, choir and chorale members
- Sharing in Community of Musicians
- Newsletter, Web Site communications and sharing structured grading/education program
- Sharing inspiring stories behind the songs/hymns
- Training of song leaders for CG gatherings
- Musical suggestions for personal devotions
- Retreats, music camps, recitals, musical jamboree
- Partnership with Missions
- Partnership with outreach
- Partnership with special program
- Partnership with social ministry
Sing to Him a new song; play skillfully, and shout for joya��.Blessed is the nation whose God is the Lord, the people he chose for his inheritance. From heaven the Lord looks down and sees all mankind; from his dwelling place he watches all who live on earth – he who forms the hearts of all, who considers everything they do.a�? Psalm 33:3, 12-15
It is said that at the beginning of a sermon, the great Reformer Martin Luther held up a Bible and said:
a�?This is the Gospel.a�?
And then in the other hand he held up a hymnal and continued:
a�?And this is how we remember it.a�?